eva-longoria-reveals-why-she-almost-didnt-get-desperate-housewives-role

Eva Longoria is best known for playing Gabrielle Solis on the hit ABC series Desperate Housewives, but the actress recently admitted that she was “not right for the role” when she first auditioned.

How Eva Longoria Landed the Part of Gaby

In a chat with The Prom star Ariana DeBose, Longoria shared her audition story and how she managed to impress the show’s creator, Marc Cherry.

I was the last one cast. They had cast everybody else, and they couldn’t find Gabrielle,” Longoria said. 

I remember I went in, and I was like, ‘I’m not right for this role. I’m not a size zero. I’m not a blonde. I’m not white.’ I was like, ‘I don’t know why I’m here.’”

However, Longoria decided to give it a shot and read the script with her own personality and humor. She said that Cherry loved her performance and told her, “You are Gabrielle.”

He fought for me at the network because they didn’t want me. They wanted somebody else, and he was like, ‘No, no, no, this is Gabrielle,’” Longoria recalled.

Other Post You May Be Interested In.

What Eva Longoria Thinks of Gaby Now

Longoria played Gaby for eight seasons from 2004 to 2012, and earned a Golden Globe nomination for her role. She said that she misses her character and would be up for a reboot if Cherry had a good reason to bring back the show.

I would be the first to sign up for a reboot. I miss Gaby so much. I miss being Gaby Solis,” Longoria said.

She also speculated on what Gaby would be doing in 2023, and said that she would be a social media influencer and a mogul.

She’d be an influencer for sure. She’d be a social media mogul,” Longoria said.

Desperate Housewives was a popular and groundbreaking series that followed the lives of four women on Wisteria Lane. The show also starred Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, and Brenda Strong.

Sources: hola.com | en.wikipedia.org | ew.com | parade.com
Previous Post Next Post